Here’s a pic I edited a couple months back shortly after my surgery. The meds were in effect and I couldn’t really work so I decided to experiment with some techniques I had seen over the months. All in fun, my goal was to bring a bit more clarity and focus to the image while retaining its mood. It’s a picture of my boy at the Wild Bird Sanctuary. Here’s the before:
This is what was involved:
- Import into Lightroom
- Minor tweaks to white balance, CA, and exposure (+2/3) + lens profile
- Some updates to the highlights and shadows in conjunction with a slight S tone curve (blue and red)
- Export to Photoshop CC
- Frequency separation (very minor) – not required but felt like experimenting.
- Cloning (to remove evidence of cheese and crackers snack earlier)
- Sharpen eyes and hair (high pass)
- Back to Lightroom
- Vignette and exposure adjustment – curves and levels
- Radial curves for focus on the face and vibrant colour of the coat
And here are the results:
That’s about it!
Read more →